How can Transcranial Magnetic Stimulation help with cigarette and smoking Cessation here in Los Angeles?
How does TMS help with Cigarette and Smoking Cessation?
TMS & Smoking Statistics
- It is estimated that approximately 34.2 million Americans are currently smoking cigarettes.
- More than 16 million Americans are living with a disease caused by smoking.
- Smoking is the leading cause of preventable death
- Smoking causes more than 7 millions deaths per year worldwide
- That’s more deaths than are caused by alcohol, cocaine, heroin, car accidents, homicides, suicides, fires and AIDs combined.
- On average, the lifespan of smokers are 10 years shorter than non-smokers
- Seven out of ten adult smokers want to quit smoking
Why should I quit?
- Quitting smoking is the most important decision you make for your health.
- Smoking harms nearly every organ in the body.
- In the US, smoking is responsible for nearly 1 in 5 deaths.
- Quitting can help you add years to your life. Smokers who quit before age 40 reduce their chance of dying too early from smoking-related diseases by about 90 percent. Those who quit by age 45–54 reduce their chance of dying too early by about two-thirds.
- You can also protect your loved ones from the dangers of secondhand smoke.
How nicotine addiction works
- In an addicted brain, the reward processing circuits become imbalanced. The brain receives an abundant supply of dopamine, which is a neurotransmitter involved in experiencing pleasure. The brain “learns” to seek out the “high” previously experienced with the excess dopamine when a smoker has a cigarette. Elevated brain activity in response to drug cues — referred to as cue reactivity —predicts relapse in addiction.
- Treatment approaches that target the neural circuitry related to cue reactivity, like TMS, may reduce relapse in patients. Emerging evidence suggests transcranial magnetic stimulation (TMS) may be able to directly target the neural circuitry involved in addiction.
New research investigating TMS for smoking cessation has yielded positive results. To date, several studies have evaluated TMS in the treatment of cigarette cessation.
In 2017, researchers demonstrated how rTMS can help people quit smoking. In this study, TMS treatment significantly reduced the risk of relapse, increased abstinence rate, and increased uptake of the self-help intervention.
At Neuro Wellness Spa, TMS treatment for cigarette cessation incorporates a series of eight self-help booklets on cigarette cessation to help our patients quit smoking. These booklets are both informational and interactive. The following topics are covered:
- Smoking Urges and How to Cope with Them
- Smoking and Weight
- What If I Have a Cigarette?
- Smoking and Your Health
- Smoking, Stress, and Mood
- Lifestyle Balance: Wants vs. Needs
- Life with Cigarettes
For more information about the services we offer or whether TMS treatment is covered by your insurance provider, contact us today.
My Life Started To Turn Around
Within just a couple of weeks of TMS treatment, my life started to turn around. I felt in more control of my emotions and that led to better life decisions & a healthier lifestyle.
Incredible Progress In A Short Amount Of Time
My life has completely changed with ketamine therapy. My therapist even said she had never seen such incredible progress in such a short amount of time.
We Got Our Son Back
After eight weeks of MeRT treatments, our son is now more verbal and much happier. He started communicating with us and making jokes.
A Game Changer
IV nutrition has been a game changer and a great way to start my week. I love how I instantly have more focus, energy and I feel like I can tackle anything.
Got The RIGHT Meds
Spent decades on meds that weren’t right for me. Took the genetic test, learned about what would work for me and got the RIGHT meds. Has made such a difference for me.
TMS Changed Everything
I was so low on energy and TMS changed everything. Now, I look forward to starting my days. My focus has improved. I appreciate things I couldn’t even notice before.
Relieved My Symptoms After A Lifetime of Struggle
I was amazed that Spravato relieved my symptoms after a lifetime of struggle. Today, I’m leading a class in mental health, working in my greenhouse & spending time at the beach with my dog, Oshi.
It Gave Me A Bigger Picture
It was interesting to see that according to the genetic test, I’m a fast metabolizer of that particular pain medication. It gave me a bigger picture of how my genes work.
Navigating Perinatal Depression: Understanding, Challenges, and Treatment Options
Antidepressants Not Working? Here’s What to Do Next
Side Effects of Antidepressants: A Comprehensive Guide
Acknowledging Perinatal Mental Health
Seasonal Affective Disorder (SAD) and Other Holiday Mental Health Conditions
How to Support a Loved One with Holiday Depression
What Is Treatment-Resistant Depression?
The Interplay Between Sleep Disorders and Mental Health
Holiday Depression: What is it & How to Cope
Navigating Online ADHD Prescriptions: Medications and Alternatives
Based on your selections, Neuro Wellness Spa TMS therapy may be able to help.
Schedule a free consultation to learn more.
TMS Therapy is an FDA cleared treatment for depression, OCD and cigarette cessation that has also shown to be effective for a range of conditions affecting mental health and cognition. Based on your responses, you may want to speak with a health care provider to ask about your symptoms and treatment options.
Schedule a free consultation: