What is MeRT?
How Does MeRT Work?
There are four simple stages in the MeRT process that result in treatments scientifically designed for each individual’s unique brain:
Step 1: Record EEG
Step 2: EEG Analysis and Review
Step 3: Treatment
Step 4: Progress Evaluation
MeRT is non-invasive and well-tolerated.
Our devices are safe and cleared by the FDA.
MeRT is a drug-free approach that uses magnetic pulses to retrain the brain.
Why Choose MeRT Therapy?
When you and your doctor have the power to directly measure, analyze, and improve brain function, you can transform your life. In the past few decades, experts have used brain imaging and neuromodulatory techniques to study brainwaves and gain a better understanding of ADHD, autism spectrum disorder, depression, PTSD, traumatic brain injury and more. The MeRT approach applies these findings to measure, analyze and optimize your unique brain for improved treatment outcomes. Common benefits of MeRT include better sleep, increased sleep duration, reduction of stress, reduction of pain, increased concentration and focus, improved mood, increased attention span, increased sociability, increased motivation, improved clarity of thought, decreased cravings, increased emotional stability, improved self-confidence and self-esteem.
No two people are the same, even with similar symptoms. Using state of the art neuroimaging, we identify where brain function is disrupted and we specifically nurture these areas to improve functionality. Whenever your goal is improved mood, sleep, performance, focus or overall better quality of life, our expert clinical team can help you achieve long-lasting, transformative results.
How is MeRT therapy different from rTMS?
Unlike standard rTMS therapy, the MeRT℠ approach individualizes the treatment frequency and location based on each patient’s Quantitative EEG and EKG. The resulting information is used to develop a personalized protocol for each patient, aimed at encouraging healthy brain communication. This can lead to significant clinical improvements.
What takes place during a typical MeRT session?
A typical MeRT treatment session lasts approximately 40 minutes. MeRT is an outpatient procedure after which patients may immediately return back to their daily life, including work and school. During treatment, patients recline in a private treatment room and can read, relax or watch television.
What are the side effects of MeRT therapy?
Overall, patients tolerate MeRT treatment very well. The most commonly reported side effect is a temporary, mild headache at the site of stimulation, which responds well to over-the-counter analgesics.
How does MeRT optimize performance?
How does MeRT therapy help cognitive decline, TBI and post-stroke recovery?
How does MeRT therapy help ADHD, ASD and other learning differences?
What are experts saying about MeRT?
The MeRT approach is an innovative and targeted treatment based on powerful third party research that has been published in the most prestigious news outlets and scientific journals:
- NBC Sports: NFL player, Nick Hardwick, discusses his experience with MeRT treatment after the NFL: “I’m two or three months past my last treatment, and I can honestly say my brain is in a better place than it was before. The emotional highs and lows I was living with have been stabilized. My cognition took off during that period and it hasn’t slowed down since. Overall, I’d definitely recommend the treatment to other former football players.” Read More.
- Dr. Hyman: Dr. Erik Won, MD, President of Wave Neuroscience that innovated the breakthrough technology called Magnetic e-Resonance Therapy, talks about MeRT and how it could address mental health disorders and revolutionize brain-based medicine. Listen Now.
- Defense One: How MeRT is Curing Navy Seals of PTSD. Read More.
- Desert Health News: A Holistic Approach to Saving Brains, How MeRT Can Help Patients with Alzheimers. Read More.
- Business Wire: US Army, Navy and Marine Corps Veterans share their experience with MeRT therapy.“Within 4 days of being treated, I was sleeping through the night. My anger had subsided significantly, and I was smiling and enjoying things again. I was able to focus and concentrate on information much more efficiently and easily, and did not get lost in conversation as I had prior to coming here. My chronic headaches had ceased, my balance was returning, and my ringing in my ears, (tinnitus) had also ceased.” Read More.
- Trauma Monthly: MeRT showed statistically significant improvements (p<0.001) in PTSD Checklist-Military (PCL-M) in pre and post treatment scores. This was corroborated by quantitative-EEG findings demonstrating increased global alpha band power (p=0.013) and delta band decrease (p=0.028). These data show trends towards normalization of EEG and concomitant clinical improvements using MeRT stimulation for PTSD. Read More.
- Aerospace Medical Association: Magnetic E-Resonant therapy alleviates combat related post-traumatic stress disorder. Read More.
- American Association of Neurological Surgeons: A chart review of Autism spectrum disorder patients receiving MeRT was performed on 141 patients. Clinical improvement was noted in the majority of patients – Class I research data is necessary to confirm this data. Read More.
- Austin Publishing Group: The Potential of Magnetic Resonant Therapy in Children with Autism Spectrum Disorder. Read More.
- Society for Brain Mapping and Therapeutics: Noninvasive EEG-EKG guided trans-magnetic stimulation at natural resonance frequency in children with autism: randomized double-blinded pilot study. Read More.
Contact us today to learn more about MeRT or to schedule a no cost consultation. Get started today.
It’s Almost Indescribable
It felt like a weight or a fog had lifted. Every area of my life turned around. I feel better, my sleep and my relationships are better. It’s almost indescribable.
TMS Changed Everything
I was so low energy and TMS changed everything. Now, I look forward to starting my days. My focus has improved. I appreciate things I couldn’t even notice before
Wish I Had Been Aware of This Years Ago
After about ten treatments, people started asking me what changed and why I seemed so much happier. It’s been over 3 months since my treatments ended and my symptoms have not returned.
I Feel Like I Have Come Alive Again
TMS allowed me to get over the initial hump to make the life changes necessary to live with and manage my depression.
My Brain Is In A Better Place
I’m two or three months past my last MeRT treatment, and I can honestly say my brain is in a better place than it was before. The emotional highs and lows I was living with have been stabilized. My cognition took off during that period and it hasn’t slowed down since.
He’s Been More Talkative and Engaged
After just two weeks of MeRT treatment, our son’s mood is brighter. He’s been more talkative and engaged with our family.
The MeRT Technology Saved My Life
I went from dependence on opioids, SSRI’s, Benzes and sleep meds to clear in less than 6 weeks. The MeRT technology saved my life.
We Got Our Son Back
After eight weeks of MeRT treatments, he’s now much more verbal and much happier. He started communicating with us and making jokes. And he has a love of music we didn’t even know about. We got our son back.
Ketamine Therapy Changed My Life
My life has completely changed. I experienced so much growth during the entire treatment process. I think I grew more in those six months than I had during my entire life. My therapist even said she had never seen such incredible progress with my PTSD in such a short amount of time.
For more information about the services we offer, including MeRT, contact us today.
IV Ketamine: A Breakthrough Treatment for Mood, Anxiety & Pain
Telepsychiatry Effectiveness for Mental Health Treatment
The Role of the Gut Microbiome on Anxiety and Depression
The Summer of You: 21 Activities for Your Summer Self-Care Checklist
10 Reasons Why You May Need Photobiomodulation Therapy (PBM)
Stress and Parenting Children with Autism
Based on your selections, Neuro Wellness Spa TMS therapy may be able to help.
Schedule a free consultation to learn more.
TMS Therapy is an FDA cleared treatment for depression, OCD and cigarette cessation that has also shown to be effective for a range of conditions affecting mental health and cognition. Based on your responses, you may want to speak with a health care provider to ask about your symptoms and treatment options.
Schedule a free consultation: