MeRT Autism Treatment
What is MeRT Therapy?
MeRT is non-invasive and well-tolerated.
Our devices are safe and cleared by the FDA.
MeRT is a drug-free approach that uses magnetic pulses to retrain the brain.
MeRT Treatment for Austism
MeRT is a well-tolerated and highly effective treatment approach to symptom relief for those with autism spectrum disorder. MeRT combines rTMS, an FDA-cleared treatment, with qEEG and EKG recordings to individualize treatments to each unique brain pattern. MeRT nurtures the brain for stability and synchrony to achieve superior developmental outcomes for the children and families we serve.
Patients with developmental differences will often have signature EEG wave activity appearing in the frontal portion of their brain. Their brainwaves are dominated by a mix of slow (Delta & Theta waves) and high (Beta wave) frequency behavior, whereas a neurotypical patient would have dominant alpha waves.
By recording the EEG and using that data to create a personalized treatment protocol, we can entrain the front of the brain to be less disorganized and increase whole brain coherence. Often, MeRT results in improved sleep, improved eye contact and speech, improved social behavior and overall better quality of life.
During MeRT cortical treatment, patients recline in a treatment chair. A TMS magnet is positioned over the patient’s head to deliver a tailored protocol of gentle magnetic pulses to specific areas of the brain. Patients report that the pulses feel like taps on the head. Each treatment session lasts about 30 to 40 minutes, after which patients can immediately return back to their daily routines.
Overall, patients tolerate MeRT treatment very well. The most commonly reported side effect is mild scalp discomfort or mild headache during stimulation, which responds well to over-the-counter analgesics.
If you are interested in MeRT therapy for a loved one struggling with autism spectrum disorder, call Neuro Wellness Spa on 1-877-847-3984 or visit to our Contact Us page.
Signs and Symptoms of Autism
In the United States, one in five children have learning differences like Autism and ADHD. Learning differences are caused by variations in how the brain develops and processes information. Millions of kids who learn and think differently don’t get the support they need. Kids with learning differences are just as smart as their peers. However, they can struggle without the right support.
Autism, or autism spectrum disorder (ASD), refers to a broad range of conditions characterized by challenges with social interaction, communication and cognitive function.
Signs and symptoms of autism generally appear before the age of three. Symptoms can vary in intensity over time and can vary from person to person. Characteristics of autism spectrum disorder generally fall into two categories:
- Social interaction and communication problems including difficulty relating to others, trouble understanding other people’s feelings or talking about their own feelings and trouble expressing needs.
- Restricted and repetitive patters of behaviors, interests or activities including hand-flapping and toe-walking, playing in an uncommon way, unusual reactions to the way things smell, taste, look, feel or sound and trouble adapting when a routine changes.
Timely and high-quality intervention for autism is crucial and helps improve learning, communication and social skills, as well as underlying brain development.
- Autism is diagnosed over four times more frequently in boys than in girls
- Autism spectrum disorder is one of the fastest-growing developmental disorders in the United States. ASD is more common than childhood cancer, diabetes and AIDS combined.
- Autism spectrum disorder affects all nationalities, all creeds, all religions, all races and both sexes. It doesn’t differentiate or affect only one group or another.
- The earlier autism spectrum disorder is diagnosed and treated, the better. Outcomes for children’s lives are significantly improved with early diagnosis and treatment.
- Comorbid conditions often associated with autism include Fragile X, allergies, asthma, epilepsy, bowel disease, gastrointestinal/digestive disorders, persistent viral infections, PANDAS, feeding disorders, anxiety disorder, bipolar disorder, ADHD, Tourette Syndrome, OCD, sensory integration dysfunction, sleeping disorders, immune disorders, autoimmune disorders, and neuroinflammation.
Autism is treatable. Children and families around the world are improving their quality of life with MeRT. And so can you.
For more information about the services we offer, including MeRT, contact us today.
Wish I Had Been Aware of This Years Ago
It’s been over 3 months since my treatments ended and the symptoms have not returned.
I Feel Like I Have Come Alive Again
TMS allowed me to get over the initial hump to make the life changes necessary to live with and manage my depression.
TMS Helped My Depression
After about ten treatments, people started asking me what changed and why I seemed so much happier.
Based on your selections, Neuro Wellness Spa TMS therapy may be able to help.
Schedule a free consultation to learn more.
TMS Therapy is an FDA cleared treatment for depression, OCD and cigarette cessation that has also shown to be effective for a range of conditions affecting mental health and cognition. Based on your responses, you may want to speak with a health care provider to ask about your symptoms and treatment options.
Schedule a free consultation: