What is Magnetic E-Resonance Therapy (MeRT)?
Neurons can be disrupted by many things. The brain is composed of over 100 billion neurons. The quality of behavior between your neurons can be disrupted by many things including sleep disorders, congenital conditions, chemical trauma or addiction, acute injury to the head, stress and emotion trauma. MeRT restores the mind. Your mind is powerful. It makes you who you are. MeRT empowers patients to understand their unique brainwaves and optimize their mind.
What is MeRT Treatment Used For?
How Does MeRT Treatment Affect the Brain?
MeRT is non-invasive and well-tolerated.
Our devices are safe and cleared by the FDA.
MeRT is a drug-free approach that uses magnetic pulses to retrain the brain.
The MeRT Treatment Approach
The brain is an electro-chemical organ. For the better part of medical history, the world has focused on chemical aspects of the brain. MeRT takes a different approach by researching and targeting brainwaves in four simple stages:
Step 1: Record Brain Frequencies
Step 2: Analyze and Review
Step 3: Treat for Synchrony
Step 4: Progress Evaluation
Why Choose MeRT Therapy?
When you and your doctor have the power to directly measure, analyze, and improve brain function, you can transform your life. In the past few decades, experts have used brain imaging and neuromodulatory techniques to study brainwaves and gain a better understanding of ADHD, autism spectrum disorder, depression, PTSD, traumatic brain injury and more. The MeRT approach applies these findings to measure, analyze and optimize your unique brain for improved treatment outcomes. Common benefits of MeRT include better sleep, increased sleep duration, reduction of stress, reduction of pain, increased concentration and focus, improved mood, increased attention span, increased sociability, increased motivation, improved clarity of thought, decreased cravings, increased emotional stability, improved self-confidence and self-esteem.
No two people are the same, even with similar symptoms. Using state of the art neuroimaging, we identify where brain function is disrupted and we specifically nurture these areas to improve functionality. Whenever your goal is improved mood, sleep, performance, focus or overall better quality of life, our expert clinical team can help you achieve long-lasting, transformative results.
How is MeRT therapy different from rTMS?
Unlike standard rTMS therapy, the MeRT℠ approach individualizes the treatment frequency and location based on each patient’s Quantitative EEG and EKG. The resulting information is used to develop a personalized protocol for each patient, aimed at encouraging healthy brain communication. This can lead to significant clinical improvements.
What takes place during a typical MeRT session?
A typical MeRT treatment session lasts approximately 40 minutes. MeRT is an outpatient procedure after which patients may immediately return back to their daily life, including work and school. During treatment, patients recline in a private treatment room and can read, relax or watch television.
What are the side effects of MeRT therapy?
Overall, patients tolerate MeRT treatment very well. The most commonly reported side effect is a temporary, mild headache at the site of stimulation, which responds well to over-the-counter analgesics.
How does MeRT optimize performance?
How does MeRT therapy help cognitive decline, TBI and post-stroke recovery?
How does MeRT therapy help ADHD, ASD and other learning differences?
What are experts saying about MeRT?
The MeRT approach is an innovative and targeted treatment based on powerful third party research that has been published in the most prestigious news outlets and scientific journals:
- NBC Sports: NFL player, Nick Hardwick, discusses his experience with MeRT treatment after the NFL: “I’m two or three months past my last treatment, and I can honestly say my brain is in a better place than it was before. The emotional highs and lows I was living with have been stabilized. My cognition took off during that period and it hasn’t slowed down since. Overall, I’d definitely recommend the treatment to other former football players.” Read More.
- Dr. Hyman: Dr. Erik Won, MD, President of Wave Neuroscience that innovated the breakthrough technology called Magnetic e-Resonance Therapy, talks about MeRT and how it could address mental health disorders and revolutionize brain-based medicine. Listen Now.
- Defense One: How MeRT is Curing Navy Seals of PTSD. Read More.
- Desert Health News: A Holistic Approach to Saving Brains, How MeRT Can Help Patients with Alzheimers. Read More.
- Business Wire: US Army, Navy and Marine Corps Veterans share their experience with MeRT therapy.“Within 4 days of being treated, I was sleeping through the night. My anger had subsided significantly, and I was smiling and enjoying things again. I was able to focus and concentrate on information much more efficiently and easily, and did not get lost in conversation as I had prior to coming here. My chronic headaches had ceased, my balance was returning, and my ringing in my ears, (tinnitus) had also ceased.” Read More.
- Trauma Monthly: MeRT showed statistically significant improvements (p<0.001) in PTSD Checklist-Military (PCL-M) in pre and post treatment scores. This was corroborated by quantitative-EEG findings demonstrating increased global alpha band power (p=0.013) and delta band decrease (p=0.028). These data show trends towards normalization of EEG and concomitant clinical improvements using MeRT stimulation for PTSD. Read More.
- Aerospace Medical Association: Magnetic E-Resonant therapy alleviates combat related post-traumatic stress disorder. Read More.
- American Association of Neurological Surgeons: A chart review of Autism spectrum disorder patients receiving MeRT was performed on 141 patients. Clinical improvement was noted in the majority of patients – Class I research data is necessary to confirm this data. Read More.
- Austin Publishing Group: The Potential of Magnetic Resonant Therapy in Children with Autism Spectrum Disorder. Read More.
- Society for Brain Mapping and Therapeutics: Noninvasive EEG-EKG guided trans-magnetic stimulation at natural resonance frequency in children with autism: randomized double-blinded pilot study. Read More.
Contact us today to learn more about MeRT or to schedule a no cost consultation. Get started today.
MeRT therapy at Neuro Wellness in Los Angeles is a safe and effective treatment designed to improve your overall brain health. Our team of experts will walk you through the process related to MeRT. For more information about the services we offer, including MeRT, contact us today.