Like many other Web sites, neurowellnessspa.com makes use of log files. The information inside the log files includes internet protocol ( IP ) addresses, type of browser, Internet Service Provider ( ISP ), date/time stamp, referring/exit pages, and number of clicks to analyze trends, administer the site, track user’s movement around the site, and gather demographic information. IP addresses, and other such information are not linked to any information that is personally identifiable.
Cookies and Web Beacons
DoubleClick DART Cookie
.:: Google’s use of the DART cookie enables it to serve ads to users based on their visit to neurowellnessspa.com and other sites on the Internet.
Neurowellnessspa.com has no access to or control over these cookies that are used by third-party advertisers.
If you wish to disable cookies, you may do so through your individual browser options. More detailed information about cookie management with specific web browsers can be found at the browsers’ respective websites.
NOTICE OF PRIVACY PRACTICES
THIS NOTICE DESCRIBES HOW MEDICAL INFORMATION ABOUT YOU MAY BE USED AND DISCLOSED AND HOW
YOU CAN GET ACCESS TO THIS INFORMATION. PLEASE READ IT CAREFULLY.
The Health Insurance Portability & Accountability Act of 1996 (HIPAA) is a Federal program that requires that all
medical records and other individually identifiable health information used or disclosed by us in any form, whether
electronically, on paper, or orally are kept properly confidential. HIPAA gives you, the patient, the right to
understand and control how your personal health information (PHI) is used. HIPAA provides penalties for covered
entities that misuse personal health information.
As required by HIPAA, we prepared this explanation of how we are to maintain the privacy of your health
information and how we may disclose your personal information.
We may use and disclose your medical records only for the following purposes: treatment, payment, and health
- Treatment means providing, coordinating, or managing healthcare and related services by one or more
healthcare providers. An example of this is if you are referred to a primary care doctor or another
- Payment means such activities as obtaining reimbursement for services, confirming coverage, billing or
collections activities, and utilization review. An example of this would include sending your insurance
company a bill for your visit.
- Health Care Operations include the business aspects of running our practice, such as conducting quality
assessments and improving activities, auditing functions, cost management analysis, and customer
service. An example of this would be patient survey cards.
- The practice may also be required or permitted to disclose your PHI for law enforcement or other
legitimate reasons. In all situations, we shall do our best to assure its continued confidentiality to the
We may also create and distribute de-identified health information by removing all reference to individually
We may contact you, by phone or in writing, to provide appointment reminders or information about treatment
alternatives or other health-related benefits and services, in addition to other fundraising communications, that
may be of interest to you. You do have the right to “opt out” with respect to receiving fundraising communications
The following use and disclosures of PHI will only be made pursuant to us receiving a written authorization from
- Most uses and disclosure of psychotherapy notes (these are not part of your medical record under
- Uses and disclosure of your PHI for marketing purposes, including subsidized treatment and health care operations;
- Disclosures that constitute a sale of PHI under HIPAA; and
- Other uses and disclosures not described in this notice.
You may revoke such authorization in writing and we are required to honor and abide by that written request, except to the extent that we have already taken actions relying on your prior authorization.
You may have the following rights with respect to your PHI.
- The right to request restrictions on certain uses and disclosures of PHI, including those related to disclosures of family members, other relatives, close personal friends, or any other person identified by you. We are, however, not required to honor a request restriction except in limited circumstances which we shall explain if you ask. If we do agree to the restriction, we must abide by it unless you agree in writing to remove it.
- The right to reasonable requests to receive confidential communications of Protected Health Information by alternative means or at alternative locations.
- The right to inspect and copy your PHI.
- The right to amend your PHI.
- The right to receive an accounting of disclosures of your PHI.
- The right to obtain a paper copy of this notice from us upon request.
- The right to be advised if your unprotected PHI is intentionally or unintentionally disclosed.
If you have paid for services “out of pocket”, in full and in advance, and you request that we not disclose PHI related solely to those services to a health plan, we will accommodate your request, except where we are required by law to make a disclosure.
We are required by law to maintain the privacy of your Protected Health Information and to provide you the notice of our legal duties and our privacy practice with respect to PHI.
This notice if effective as of January 1, 2020 and it is our intention to abide by the terms of the Notice of Privacy Practices and HIPAA Regulations currently in effect. We reserve the right to change the terms of our Notice of Privacy Practice and to make the new notice provision effective for all PHI that we maintain. We will post and you may request a written copy of the revised Notice of Privacy Practice from our office.
You have recourse if you feel that your protections have been violated by our office. You have the right to file a formal, written complaint with office and with the Department of Health and Human Services, Office of Civil Rights. We will not retaliate against you for filing a complaint.
Feel free to contact the Practice Compliance Officer Amber Jones at 310-880-9929 for more information, in person or in writing.
Wish I Had Been Aware of This Years Ago
It’s been over 3 months since my treatments ended and the symptoms have not returned.
I Feel Like I Have Come Alive Again
TMS allowed me to get over the initial hump to make the life changes necessary to live with and manage my depression.
TMS Helped My Depression
After about ten treatments, people started asking me what changed and why I seemed so much happier.
Based on your selections, Neuro Wellness Spa TMS therapy may be able to help.
Schedule a free consultation to learn more.
TMS Therapy is an FDA cleared treatment for depression, OCD and cigarette cessation that has also shown to be effective for a range of conditions affecting mental health and cognition. Based on your responses, you may want to speak with a health care provider to ask about your symptoms and treatment options.
Schedule a free consultation: