Eating a balanced diet rich in whole, unprocessed foods is the best way to get nutrients and fight inflammation— two things that are essential to optimal physical and mental health. However, when stress, travel or poor food choices deplete the body’s vitamin supplies, IV nutrition can help nourish, replenish and hydrate.
What Does IV Nutritional Therapy Do?
Intravenous (IV) nutrient therapy delivers vital minerals, vitamins, and amino acids directly to the bloodstream for maximum absorption, which allows the potent nutrients to replenish, nourish, and heal your body at the cellular level. IV Nutrition is a safe and effective way to optimize health, improve focus, reduce inflammation, support the immune system and prevent chronic disease. Receiving regular IV nutrition infusions may also help manage symptoms from a wide range of conditions, including depression, anxiety, cancer, chronic pain, and fatigue, to name a few.
How Does IV Nutritional Therapy Work?
Oral vitamins and supplements orally must pass through the entire digestive system in order to get absorbed. A number of issues, for example gut flora imbalance, chronic illnesses, enzyme deficiencies and medications, can inhibit the absorption of oral vitamins. With IV nutritional therapy, your body is able to absorb the maximum amount of nutrients and fluids since nothing is lost as a result of the digestive process. In addition, vitamins and nutrients become immediately available to your cells for use for fast results.
First, patients select the high-quality infusion that’s best for their needs. Each of our highly absorbable IV nutrient formulas and vitamin shots were carefully formulated for optimal mind-body function. Then, most IV infusions take between 15-90 minutes. During this time, clients recline in a comfortable chair and may read, relax, listen to music or just take time for themselves. The difference in infusion rate depends on the total fluid amount and the viscosity of the IV nutrition formula.
Are There Any Side Effects from IV Nutritional Therapy?
Side effects rarely happen if at all. If they do they are usually minor and short lived. Bruising or bleeding at IV site, warming or cooling sensation in arm, chest or stomach, tasting the vitamins or having vitamin smell in your urine. Our licensed staff are trained to manage all side effects that may occur.
How Many Sessions Are Needed?
Session requirements depend on your overall health goals. In general, most people start to notice an improvement in their mental and physical health following their first infusion. However, for continued progress, weekly or bi-monthly infusions are highly recommended. Your nutrition expert will continue to monitor your progress and make adjustments to your treatment plan, in order to help you meet your objectives.
Benefits of Nutrition Therapy
There are several reasons why people get IV supplements rather than using oral vitamins and supplements, including:
- Recover faster from an accident or illness.
- Ensure your body gets the maximum benefits from nutrients.
- Help manage various medical conditions and relieve associated symptoms of migraine headaches, fibromyalgia, high blood pressure, and other conditions.
- Highly customizable, so clients can hand-pick which nutrients, vitamins, and micronutrients they receive
- Boost metabolism
- Provide vital nutrition to people with diseases like Crohn’s or cystic fibrosis, and cannot absorb nutrients from food.
- Combat low energy levels
- Boost mood and alleviate symptoms of mood and anxiety disorders
Should I Try IV Nutritional Therapy?
In order to feel our best, the body needs to be stocked with all of the vital nutrients that we lose on a day to day basis due to our environment, the poor food choices we may make, and overall stress. Although our body is designed to adapt to our environment and regenerate over time, we may face challenges or feelings of imbalance especially when struggling with aging or illness.
To decide whether you should try IV nutritional therapy, ask yourself the following:
- Do you feel run down, tired, or burnt out?
- Were you injured or recently undergone surgery and want to recover faster?
- Are you tired of your muscles aching after intense workouts?
- Do you tend to forget to take oral supplements?
- Do you want to customize what nutrients your body needs?
- Have you been diagnosed with a chronic condition?
- Do you have high blood pressure?
- Are you struggling to lose weight?
- Do you want to enhance your athletic performance naturally and safely?
- Have you found it difficult to give your body the nutrients it needs regularly?
- Do you suffer from a mental health disorder?
If you answered yes to one or more of these questions, we highly recommend you try IV nutritional therapy.
IV Nutritional Therapy Treatments in Los Angeles, CA
To learn more about IV nutritional therapy and how it could benefit you, schedule a consultation at Neuro Wellness Spa by contacting us or calling us at 1-877-847-3984 today.